Friday, November 19, 2010

Clarysta Checks the Almanac

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more yard
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

This last year I vowed no more 80s music on my iPod - Tom Petty gets an exception <3

 

I wonder how Turbine actually runs their business...

"What do you have going on When Snow Melts, Steve?"

"Well, I have a kid's soccer tournament on one of the Periods When the Earth Goes Around the Sun,"

"Oh, well, right then, we'll plan the release for the Phase of the Moon after the first Chinook...is that enough time?"

"Better give me until the Time of Flowers Blooming" 

If something goes wrong, does their whole project slip by a season? 

"Well, we've missed our original  Time of Leaf-raking  Fall release date, now we're looking at the Season of Heap Big Snow."

 

I don't know about you, but I'm not allowed to manage my work calendar by the seasons. "When are you going to have that project done?" "Well, boss, I'm thinking I'll be done sometime next summer, if I can fit the final reviews around my tanning schedule." I might find that my tanning schedule is opened up to more opportunities, if you get my drift.

The only companies that should be allowed to manage by seasons are ski resorts and outdoor pools. 

Rise of Isengard, coming sometime in Fail 2011"Oops, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow...now we're screwed." 

 (and yes, I had to look up how to spell Punxsutawney.)

No comments:

Post a Comment